Amazon SES Email Client: Send Emails 100x Cheaper with MailGet
We used to spend huge amount of money on email marketing. Till last month, we used to pay nearly $395 every month for email marketing services.
We thought this should change and thats when we decided to build MailGet.
MailGet is an Amazon SES email client that use Amazon SES for email sending. MailGet is beautiful, simple and over 100x cheaper than any other email marketing tool available in the market.
Read our personal story below.
What motivated us to build MailGet ?
We are an Internet Company with 2 software products.
- InkThemes (We sell WordPress Themes here.)
- FormGet (We sell a form building solution here.)
Both our software products have combined 80,000 subscribers. We send weekly email newsletter to all our subscribers to keep them up-to date on latest offers and happenings with our products.
Overall we send near about 80K emails every week. For sending emails, we opted for a well known email marketing service.
Problems with existing email marketing services
1. Email Marketing Services are pretty expensive.
Email marketing in its existing form is pretty expensive. This expenses increase with growing subscriber base.
Lets, Checkout the pricing of a well known email marketing solution and you will get the idea.
- Upto 10000 Subscribers: $75/mo
- Upto 25000 Emails: $150/mo
- Upto 50000 Emails: $240/mo
- Upto 100000 Emails: $475/mo
2. They charge you big monthly fee based on the number of subscriber you have.
- If you have 25000 subscribers: You pay $150/month
If you do not send emails too frequently and just every once in a while. You end up paying a big monthly fee without seeing much value at your end.
If you try to compensate for the monthly fee and send too frequent emails you lose subscribers interest.
Basically you do not have much freedom in email marketing. There is this huge monthly fee dangle hanging around your neck based on the number of email subscribers.
3. Upper limit of number of emails you can send to your subscribers plan.
Very few people know that these email solutions also place an upper limit on the number of emails you can send to your subscribers.
If you are on 75000 subscribers plan, most of them do not allow you to send more than 6 campaigns every month.
If you wish to send more than 6 campaigns, you have to pay extra out of your pocket.
So, Lets do some basic high school maths.
Lets say, You have 80000 subscribers and you send weekly emails to your subscribers.
- Total Subscribers: 80000
- Total Email Sent in One Campaign: 80000
- Weekly Email Campaign(Avg 4.3 weeks/month): 80000 X 4.3 = 344000 Emails Sent
- Average Charges of existing email marketing companies (Upto 80000 subscribers): $400/month
- Yearly Expenses: $400 X 12 = $4800
This is what we have been paying since last year and we wanted to make this email sending affordable for ourselves without compromising on the quality of emails that we sent.
Since, the pricing is pretty expensive. We decided to build a World Class email marketing solution ourselves.
We studied these existing email marketing solutions and figured something interesting.
Every decent email marketing tool has 5 key elements
- Email Builder (A drag drop email building tool)
- Subscribers Management (Managing Email Lists, Importing Contacts, Blocking etc.)
- Tracking (Sent Emails, Opens, Clicks, Spam)
- Powerful Server to pass on lots of email data to the “Email SMTP server” to finally send emails.
- SMTP based Email Server to send emails.
Since, we had an amazing design and developer team. We decided to build an affordable email marketing tool ourselves.
Based on the Amazon Cloud Web Services reputation and affordability, we settled for Amazon SES for sending emails via its SMTP based Email Server. SES does its due diligence at its end and makes sure that your emails lands in inbox and not as spams.
We decided to keep MailGet super affordable. We wanted to be around 85% less expensive than the existing email marketing solutions.
Here is the breakdown of costs of using MailGet
- Upto 10000 Subscribers: $29/month (Send Unlimited Emails)
- From 10,001-50,000 Subscribers: $49/month (Send Unlimited Emails)
- From 50,001-1,00,000 Subscribers: $79/month (Send Unlimited Emails)
Amazon SES charges $1 per 10000 Emails.
So If you send weekly email campaigns. Your overall cost including Amazon SES Expenses will be just $33 for 10000 subscribers.
- Upto 10,000 Subscribers: $33
- Upto 25,000 Subscribers: $59
- Upto 50,000 Subscribers: $69
- Upto 1,00,000 Subscribers: $119
Your Existing Email Marketing Solution costs much much higher.
- Upto 10,000 Emails: $75/mo
- Upto 25,000 Emails: $150/mo
- Upto 50,000 Emails: $245/mo
- Upto 1,00,000 Emails: $475/mo
MailGet simply gives you the saving of over 65% than your existing email marketing solution without compromising your email send quality. Since the final emails are delivered through Amazon’s Infrastructure you can expect maximum email inbox deliverability too.
You do not have to worry about self hosting the email sending server. We manage everything at our end and you get all the features of your typical email marketing solutions packed without any hassle.