Want to know how to view who submitted which Google Forms responses?
Generally, we all rely on forms in some or other way as it is an easy and convenient way to gather information. Certainly, Google Forms is the first to run by our mind when comes to create a form without paying a dime. It let us view all the submitted responses within the software. And that’s a requirement to enhance the business by knowing all about the respondent.
Undoubtedly, Google Forms is icing of a cake but the software lacks advance features like it doesn’t show respondent location, IP address and much more. Considering the same, you can definitely give Pabbly Form Builder a shot. The online tool not only lets you view the responses but also provides information like location, browser, IP Address of the respondent.
Here, in this particular piece of writing, we will see how one can view submitted responses in Google Forms.
Steps To See Submitted Responses In Google Forms:
Step 1: Create A Form
To create a form, open the dashboard of Google Forms and click on the “Blank” option or you can use its pre-designed templates too.
Step 2: Add Questions In Form
After entitling your form, add a question to form by clicking on the “+” button appearing beside the form.
Step 3: Add Answers Field In Form
Next, add the answer field in a form by selecting from the bunch of options like short answer, checkboxes, etc available in the software. Choose according to your question requirement and you can also make the required field mandatory by enabling on the “required” toggle.
Step 4: View Responses Of A Form
Further, to view the submission of a form, click on the “Responses” tab. There, you can see the option like summary, questions, and individuals from where you can print or delete responses. Besides, you can also create a spreadsheet of responses.
Step 5: Download Responses
Finally, to view all the responses in sheet click on the three vertical dots, there you will find many options like get an email notification, print responses, etc. Then, click on the “Download responses (.csv)” to download all the responses.
Limitations Of Google Forms:
Google Forms certainly tied our hands when comes to create advance forms from which the user can collect more information about its respondent. Some of its major limitations are mentioned below:
- There is no way to download a specific month’s responses in Google Forms.
- However, one can download individual responses but there is no way to track the IP address of the respondent.
- It limits users by not providing respondents details like country, operating system or browser.
- Further, there is no way to reply the respondent with customized emails.
- The software lacks the point of contact feature from which the surveyor can know the information regarding the source of form filling.
Are There Any Suitable Alternatives Available That Won’t Restrict Us?
Yes of course! There are plenty of form builders available in the market but as mentioned above named Pabbly Form Builder comes handy. The software lets you view all the submitted responses. It doesn’t restrict on features by offering unlimited submission, forms, receive payment and much more.
Let’s see what it has to offer in its features closets:
- Not only it allows you to download all the responses but also you can download specific month’s responses in CSV format.
- The software allows users to download individual responses in PDF format along with IP addresses.
- Using the software, the surveyor can know all about the respondent’s country, operating system, and browser.
- Also, it gives users the flexibility to reply to their respondents with a customized confirmation message.
- It comes up with a “Point of Contact” feature through which you can know all about the respondent source.
- With the help of this software, one can keep track of all the on hold, resolved, partially submitted form.
- In the “Reports” section, one can view all the responses in graphical format and download it too.
Let’s explore the hand on this amazing software by creating a form.
Steps To See Submitted Responses In Pabbly Form Builder:
Step 1: Create A Form
Open the dashboard of the software and click on the “Create New Form” option or you can use one from its 250+ pre-designed templates.
Step 2: Add Form Elements
Next, assign the name to your form and add elements like name, email, number, etc from the “Blocks” section using its drag and drop editor.
Step 3: View Submission
Further, to view the submission of the form, click on the “Submission” button within the software.
Step 4: Form Submissions Tab
Subsequently, it will redirect to the “Form Submissions” tab, from where you can keep an eye on all the submitted, on hold, partially filled responses. Further, it also allows users to delete and export new submissions.
Step 5: Download Responses
Afterward, click on the “Export New Submissions” option which will open a window with options like “Export All Submissions” or “Export Submissions Of Specific Month”. Select options according to your convenience.
Step 6: Download Individual Responses
Finally, to download individual responses, click on the details of the users which will open a respondent form with all details like IP address, country, browser, etc. Further, on top of the screen, you will see an option to “Download as PDF”, click on it to download the individual responses.
That’s it! This is how one can view all the responses in the software.
Ah finally! You learned how crucial is to know all the details of the respondent for a long haul. By doing so, one can turn a random surveyee into a happy customer. Also, it gives the respondent a sense of family. Google Forms disappoint us here, by only letting us view submitted responses and nothing more. That’s why it is best to try Pabbly Form Builder for change as it is the most reliable tool in the market. The software offers a free trial to its users.