jQuery fixed header plugins are used for fixing a particular web content on the top of the webpage. Actually, these sticky elements are very convenient for improving navigation, displaying ads and for much more similar ways.
In sticky navigation, it makes very easy to reach the menu without scrolling. And in tables, we could easily read the main heading of the element without scrolling up each time.
These fixed/sticky elements can easily be created using CSS but manually designing could waste a lot of time. Plus it is really lengthy & complicated for some. Maybe you succeed to build the functionality but it doesn’t guarantee the browser compatibility.
So, here is the ready-made solution to this tedious task. We have gathered a list of handpicked 5+ jQuery fixed header plugins both free and premium.
Most of all these plugins are noteworthy in their respective domains as a sticky header, fixed table header etc. Have a look through each of these listings carefully and choose the best-suited one.
1. Sticky Header – jQuery Fixed Header Plugin
Sticky Header is a jQuery plugin which helps you add a navigation bar at the top of your website which remains static even when the users scroll down a webpage. You can easily show or hide the header, apply custom changes through CSS, and more with this plugin.
Additionally, you can implement rounded corners, text shadow, drop down menu, etc through it on a website.
- The regular plan of this jQuery plugin will cost you $5 which includes sticky header options and customizations as well.
- $25 is the price which you have to pay for the extended version of this plugin.
- You get 6 predefined color options with this plugin, plus you can create custom colors for the sticky header just by editing the CSS file.
- This plugin allows you to attach multi-level drop-down menu on the sticky header of your website.
- Inbuilt functionalities like minimize or maximize header, theme customization through CSS and hover or click effects are also available in the plugin.
- This plugin supports and has been tested on all latest browsers like Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, Opera, etc.
2. Kidd Sticky Table – jQuery Plugin
Using Kidd Sticky Table jQuery plugin you can assign fixed header function to a website with ease. It is an affordable plugin which offers well-documented support and allows custom options for header creation as well.
This plugin provides two different styles which are bordered and default. Plus, you get various color options, data export feature, fixed left columns along with other custom designed features.
- For the regular license of this plugin, you will be charged $4 and will come loaded with multiple header customizations and facilities.
- The extended license will cost you $30 for all fixed header facilities on a website.
- The demo provides this plugin is pretty awesome as you can make custom changes live on it and preview them instantly. The code can then be copied on the website for easy implementation.
- Custom color options like green, blue, red, yellow, purple, and grey are already available with this plugin.
- With this plugin, you are permitted to add multiple plugin instances on the same website page.
- You can freeze table header, define the position, export data from xls, pdf, and png format files.
3. FixedTblHdrLftCol – jQuery Plugin
FixedTblHdrLftCol stands for the fixed table header and left column which is a responsive jQuery plugin. Through this, you can simply to modify a table element and add attractive headers.
It provides you the facility to apply Synchronization of scrolling events and supports a variety of latest browsers.
- This plugin is totally free and can easily be downloaded from github.com website. Even being free of cost plugin it gives you access to various fixed header features and advanced elements.
- Browsers on which this jQuery plugin is tested and works perfectly well are Safari, Google Chrome, and Mozilla Firefox.
- With this plugin, you get diverse options like default value, data type, remarks, height and other.
- Helps you append fully customizable fixed header on a website which is cross-browser compatible.
- You are also allowed to syncronize scroll events in this plugin with ease.
4. Fixed Table Header by mustafaozcan
jQuery Fixed Table Header plugin fixes the header row of a table without any div element overflow. The plugin functionality simply fixes the header row when scrolling down the page.
Moreover, the auxiliary feature of the plugin will let you use this plugin with ASP.NET DataGrid or GridView.
- Fixed Table Header jQuery plugin is a free product by GitHub.org and you can directly download it from the official website.
- The demo of the plugin is also available to get familiar with the live plugin functionality.
- This plugin is tested with major browsers and found optimal to use for the purpose.
- The supported browsers are IE-6, IE-7, IE-8, Firefox 3.5.3, Chrome 184.108.40.206, Safari 4.0.3 & Opera 10.00.
5. Fixed Table Header by karaxuna
It’s a jQuery plugin for fixing a table’s header while scrolling. You can have an unlimited number of rows as well as columns in a table. Plus there is no complex coding used to get started with this plugin.
- It is another free product of GitHub.org. Download it directly for free.
- It is an extremely easy to use jQuery plugin with customizable options.
- Texted with major browsers and found compatible with the latest ones.
- Availability of full documentation and directions to use with plugin demo.
6. jQuery Fixed Header
jQuery Fixed Header plugin simply fix the header on the topmost position of the browser window and shift-down the remaining content at the bottom. It automatically adjusts the overall content in accordance with the total height with the addition of a scrollable bar.
In addition, you can change the height of the sticky header anytime with ease. Also, there is a breakpoint from where the fixed header class get removed & the header becomes static at that point.
- Grab this jQuery plugin for free from github.com website.
- It is a highly responsive plugin which can adjust to changing screen sizes.
- Clean and clear documentation for making full use of each feature of the plugin efficiently.
- Various customization options available for layout and styling through pure CSS.
- You can easily set the height of the sticky header.
I hope that you must have found the jQuery plugin which best suits your website as here we have defined some of the best and tested jQuery Fixed Header Plugins. The plugins offer multiple features and we have kept both free as well as paid plugins in this list. So, you get diverse options and choices of plugins.
In the end, if you have any type of doubts or queries related to these or similar plugins have that mentioned in the comments section below. We will reply you as soon as possible.