10 Best SendGrid Alternatives 2018
No doubt SendGrid was the market leader in providing top class SMTP services, But now it’s legacy has just faded away.
Therefore, we have come up with some alternatives that can surely help you replace old and costly SendGrid SMTP service.
The services that we have got on this blog offer advanced features at an affordable cost and furthermore, most of these SMTP services are not limited to sending only transactional emails just like SendGrid.
You can simply send marketing, promotional, notification emails in bulk using them.
Most of the SMTP services listed are capable of providing:-
- SMTP API.
- Dedicated IP.
- Bulk Emailing.
- Real-time Analytics.
- Contact Segmentation.
Overall in comparison with SendGrid, I found the listed service more cost-effective and user-friendly as well.
|Services||Pricing For 100k Emails||White Listed Service||SPF Validation||Ratings|
So, let’s dive into details to fetch out the best replacement for SendGrid.
1. MailGet SMTP – Best Email Server
In comparison with SendGrid, I found MailGet SMTP service more reliable, effective & affordable to use. As, it allows you to send transactional, subscription as well as marketing emails in bulk.
You can easily achieve higher open rates on various email campaigns as it guarantees inbox delivery.
Unlike SendGrid, drawbacks like sending limitation in which you are allowed to deliver a limited number of emails in a time duration or delay in delivery are not at all a factor in MailGet SMTP.
Features Offered By MailGet SMTP:-
- With this SMTP service, you can get multiple domains verified to send emails using different email addresses from a single account.
- Each & every email delivered is authenticated via SPF validation & embedded DKIM signatures for best in class deliverability.
- MailGet SMTP uses whitelisted servers which are reliable and helps you reach higher inbox delivery.
- Extremely simple to integrate into any email marketing service and allows you to conduct bulk email campaigns with a few clicks.
With MailGet SMTP you can send 5 thousand to 6 hundred thousand emails in a month.
- Starter Plan:- $5 per month for sending 5,000 emails.
- Pro Plan:- Provides 100,000 email delivery for $49 in a month.
- Advance Plan:- Allows you to send 500,000 in a month for $349.
Other than above, there are more plans which you can select as per email sending needs.
2. SendinBlue SMTP
With SendinBlue SMTP you get a different dashboard to manage settings and configurations for transactional emails.
You can deliver emails at a fast pace at various events like registrations, purchases, notifications etc.
Above all, you can customize them to get best email deliverability and accurate statistics.
Features Offered By SendinBlue SMTP:-
- Provides separate SMTP dashboard through which you can manage various details of transactional emails.
- Allows you to track delivered, bounced, blocked, opened, clicked, and other important details of email campaigns.
- Using SendinBlue SMTP service you can apply date as well as category filters to fetch data and export filtered data in CSV file format.
- You can use traditional SMTP settings, SendinBlue PHP library or postfix configuration to integrate this SMTP service.
- Lite plan comes with 40,000 which are provided for a month and charges $25.
- Premium plan offers 120,000 for $66 a month.
- Premium plan 2 will cost $173 for 350,000 email per month.
- For the enterprise plan details, you need to contact the sales team for price details.
SMTP2GO is an advanced SMTP service which ensures that emails sent are delivered in customers Inbox.
It supports all major spam filters using which you can view the test results and prevent your emails to get marked as spam.
Plus, through SMTP2GO you can maintain correct SPF & DKIM records, view delivery details, and filter details via dates.
Features Offered By SMTP2GO:-
- SMTP2GO helps you generate reports for emails details, spam reports, unsubscriber details, bounce, and charts.
- You can archive the full content of emails like delivery records, store attachments, and configure archiving duration as well.
- With this service, you can track blacklist monitoring, reverse DNS, DKIM, ISP throttling, blocked ports, etc for all major email service providers.
- It also provides tools to test emails and dedicated IP addresses as well.
SMTP2GO provides three fix priced plans and a custom plan for unique requirements.
- Gold plan will cost you $14 which will provide 20,000 emails delivery in a month.
- The Diamond plan charges $69 for 100,000 emails every month.
- $199 is the price of Diamond Elite plan for 300,000 monthly emails delivery.
- Custom plan allows you to send 1,000,000+ emails for the pricing contact sales team.
[Note:- With the yearly subscription of all these plans, you get 2 months access for free.]
Mailgun is a cloud-based SMTP service through which you can send transactional emails, password resets, promotional emails, shipping notifications and more.
In Mailgun domain adding & verification process is a simple task as it requires a username, password, SMTP server hostname, and SMTP port to setup your server.
That’s not all, you can deliver 10,000 emails for free, use email API, handle automate reply with this SMTP service.
Features Offered By Mailgun:-
- Track various details like failures, clicks, unsubscribe, spam complaints and other information on marketing and transactional emails.
- Helps you diagnose each and every email delivery failures using which you can reduce bounce rates and spam complaints.
- Mailgun allows you to authenticate your domain name through SPF, DMARC, and DKIM record.
- With this SMTP service, you can also do email address validation in order to improve your mailing list.
- Concept Plan:- Best for people sending emails below 20,000 in a month at a cost of $5.
- Production Plan:- Allows you to deliver up to 100,000 emails in a month for $79 only.
- Scale Plan:- You can deliver up to 500,000 emails by paying $325 per month.
- Enterprise Plan comes with 10,00,000 emails for which you have to pay $515.
With turboSMTP, you can achieve higher email deliverability as it uses reliable and secured servers.
You can create and manage sub-accounts for client profiles and simply configure all SMTP settings for email delivery from anywhere.
That’s not all, avoiding usage limits applicable by IPSs like anti-spam filters, message block, etc is also possible with turboSMTP service.
Features Offered By turboSMTP:-
- With turboSMTP service, you get an effective real-time system to track bounce, spam and unsubscribe emails.
- This SMTP service allows you to conduct bulk email campaigns for transactional, newsletter, personal and business emails.
- turboSMTP is an advanced service that is fully compatible with all major emailing clients like Apple Mail, Outlook, SendBlaster, GroupMail, Atomic Mailer and many more.
- It also provides a user-friendly dashboard with which you can fetch statistics, manage sub-accounts, tools, and other details.
Below we have mentioned all pay as you go plans:-
- Basic Plan:- $15 for 10,000 emails.
- Gold Plan:- $92 for 100,000 emails.
- Titanium Plan:- $450 for 500,000 emails.
- Diamond Plan:- $790 for 1,000,000 emails.
[Note:- If you want to get monthly plans then you can go with Basic plans or Pro plans of the service and send emails using them.]
Mandrill offers a premium SMTP service which is powered by MailChimp. Using which translational emails can be sent in bulk without any hassle.
You can easily target e-commerce audience and send personalized one-to-one emails with this service.
This SMTP service holds trusted servers all around the globe. Plus, they can track spam complaints as the IP’s are registered for feedback loops with ISP’s.
Features Offered By Mandrill:-
- Automatically adds pre-defined tags to your emails to simplify tracking and filter analytics to view actions like bounces, opens, clicks, and spam on emails sent.
- You can generate reports which are easy to understand that helps you compare various email campaign criteria for better results.
- With Mandrill, you can deliver emails through multiple domains from the same account and use dedicated IP for various domains without any hassle.
- Allows you to add various custom sending option and apply white labeling for custom tracking domains.
In Mandrill SMTP service pricing is simple as it provides credits which are sold in blocks of 25,000 emails.
- The basic plan with 25,000 emails will cost you $20.
- For 100,000 emails delivery, you will be charged $80.
- To send 500,000 emails per month you have to pay $400.
- In order to send 1,000,000 emails every month, you will be charged $720.
And soon on, the more you send the less you pay.
SparkPost is professional designed SMTP service that can be used to send application’s emails that directly land in customer inbox.
With SparkPost SMTP service, you can send activation emails, password reset, product updates and other business notifications.
You can reduce customer churn as tracking facility is also available in this service.
Features Offered By SparkPost:-
- Email API and integration facilities are provided so that you can simply embed SparkPost email API into apps, website or product with ease.
- With this SMTP service, you can create custom designed and personalized emails through various email templates.
- You can also monitor email campaign summary, bounced, rejected, delayed, etc through the dashboard of this SMTP service.
- Starter Plan will cost you $9 for sending 50,000 in a month.
- You can send 150,000 emails every month by paying $49.
- Premium plan with 500,000 emails will charge $249 a month.
- For delivering 1,000,000 emails a month you will have to pay $474.
Postmark SMTP service allows email delivery for just transactional campaigns. You can integrate this service in any application through Rails gem, Ruby gem, .NET, Java, PHP, Node.js and other libraries.
This service provides the fastest delivery speed, quick support, and helps you overcome delays in email delivery.
Features Offered By Postmark:-
- Webhooks helps you get detailed notifications about various events like bounces, deliveries, opens, clicks, and spam complaints.
- With Postmark, you get easy access over multiple pre-designed email templates which can be customized with the help of editor and tools.
- You can easily view message history by applying filters like events, tags, or date on specific email addresses.
- This is an SMTP service with which you can auto-generate Postmark email address or customize your inbound address to create various inbound addresses for domains.
- With the basic plan, you can deliver 10,000 emails every month by paying $10.
- 125,000 emails can be sent at a cost of $100 per month.
- For 500,000 email deliver you will be charged $320.
- If you want to deliver 1,000,000 emails every then you have to contact the sales team.
Mailjet is the best choice for people who are looking for delivering responsive emails.
You can perform live monitoring on email traffic, A/B testing, create a separate contact list for target emailing and more through this SMTP service.
Features Offered By Mailjet:-
- The dashboard allows you to manage various email performance factors like opens, clicks, spam rate, unsubscribe rate and more.
- Mailjet helps you fetch details like delivery delay, error on messages, email delivery, blocked emails, bounce and more.
- You can deliver transactional emails and conduct more targeted email campaigns with segmented email contact lists.
- The basic plan with 30,000 emails will cost you $9.65 a month.
- To send 150,000 emails in a month you will be charged $74.95.
- In order to deliver 450,000 emails every month, you will have to pay $166.95.
- For sending 1,000,000 each month you have to contact the sales team for price details.
10. Amazon SES
Amazon SES is one of the best cloud-based emailing service through which sending marketing, transactional and notification emails becomes easy.
The SMTP interface of this service simplifies the integration process and allows direct integration into any application. Plus, you can enhance the reputation by content filtering, dedicated IP addresses and more.
Features Offered By Amazon SES:-
- Amazon SES allows you to easily track and monitor multiple message events. And you can apply various settings to prevent bounces and spam complaints.
- With this SMTP service, you can conduct different types of marketing campaigns to target bulk audience.
- You get options for both dedicated IPs and shared IPs addresses.
- It also allows collect and view email campaign details numbers of sends, deliveries, opens, clicks, bounces, complaints, rejections and more.
- For sending 50,000 emails you will have to pay $5.
- If you want to deliver 100,000 emails then you will be charged $10.
- For delivering 500,000 emails in a month you will be charged $50.
- For sending 1,000,000 emails per month you will be paying $100.
We are now done with exploring the 10 Best SendGrid Alternatives in this blog. So, now it time for you to make a decision that which SMTP service replaces SendGrid SMTP the best.
I suggest you should try the one which suits all your emailing needs and fulfills all your criteria.
Next, we have got a comment section below which you can use to mention any type of doubts or queries related to this blog or SMTP services.
We will be happy to hear from your side.
Before you leave the blog have a glance at the blog below as well:-