Want to affix read more buttons on your website with the help of jQuery plugins?
In today’s article, we have brought down the best collection of read more jQuery plugins with the help of which you can add customs buttons. These help you out to compress content and, therefore you can break the content into pieces. Further, the read more functionality will apply buttons which will act as a bridge between the different bits of your content.
Also, the other advantage of read more buttons is:
It speed up the loading process as it allows the execution of lazy loading. In the same way instead of opening the full content, the remaining content can be fetched by read more buttons.
Adding a read more functionality to your website is very simple. It can be easily added by using HTML, CSS and few lines of jQuery code. All these plugins allow you to add animations effects, text and color options on the custom button also you can add external links. You can further add backgrounds and a lot more without any difficulty.
In addition to this, most of the plugins present here are lightweight, riched with documentation, compatible with different browsers versions etc.
So, let’s move to the advanced feature and pricing section.
We also have some more popular jQuery plugin blogs for you:
These plugins helps webowner to add social media icons, buttons and networks details on their website.
These plugins help out the web owner to increase the strength of password on their website.
Through these plugins, web owner can add zooming effects to the images on their website.
This is one of the best read more jQuery plugins through which you can add read more buttons on the web pages having long content. It allows you to shorten any element on the page that has text or add a show/hide link to it.
jQuery Advanced Read More plugin is cross-browser compatible like IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome.
- jQuery Advanced Read More plugin regular plan will cost you $ 5 with lifetime updates.
- To extend more features of it you can pay $25
- You can use the extensive animation effects for each and every step of show/hide process.
- This plugin provides you with the benefit that you can control the timing and directions of the animations effects in 10 different forms.
- It allows you to use any HTML code to shorten the content of web pages on the website.
- Also, it works with the elements that have more than text, like images, forms and more.
2. jQuery ReadMore – A Part Of Read More Plugins
This plugin is an open source jQuery plugin which can be easily found on GitHub. It’s present with different examples which will help you to in downloading this plugin.
Further, it allows you to display a certain number of characters of text, content and active the full-text display of the page automatically with read more link.
As its open source plugin which is available free of cost.
- This plugin allows you to customize the number of characters, ellipsis text and read more links on the pages and post.
- The plugin is well document that you only have to copy and paste the code into a website.
- It allows you to select the particular selector for the sub-elements to perform read more operations.
- You can also use different options for read more buttons: substr_len, split_word, ellipses, more_link, more_clzz, ellipse_clzz, and hidden_clzz.
3. Readmore-Readless – jQuery Plugin
Readmore-Readless is one of the best read more jQuery plugin present amongst all. As its name says, it allows you to add a read more and read less button on the pages of the website.
It is a well-documented plugin present on GitHub which will help you out to add read more and read less buttons on web pages.
- Readmore-Readless jQuery plugin is free of cost.
- You can use its default mode which has two items in the summary and by clicking on read more one of them will be open.
- This plugin allows you to customize the read more links with user define tex and CSS class.
- You can display the read more class and apply the link to it which is by default present as “read more”.
- Also, it helps you to represent the link to read less button with the help of default “Read less”.
4. jReadMore – A Part Of Read More Plugins
jReadMore is a very simple jQuery plugin for read more buttons on the website. It allows you to add a button and a link to the element you wish to collapse or open.
Moreover, this plugin is well documented which can be use on the website.
- It is an open source plugin which is free of cost.
- This plugin allows you to modify the height of collapsed link element, by using the data option attribute.
- You can use the default link element for read more button which is “read-more__link”.
- The jReadMore plugin is cross-browser compatible which means can work with every kind of browsers like Chrome, Opera, FireFox etc.
Above were the best read more jQuery plugins with their complete description and pricing plans. We hope you will find the best one for your website. As all of them are unique in features like add default links, color option etc.
If you liked the blog or have any suggestions please comment below.