4 Best jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugins
“Are you too tired of old school way of displaying images?”
If you are a website owner who agrees with this sentence then, we will help you create a fancy impression by displaying images with attractive hover effects. Because we know the importance of images on a website!
You can add the images on different pages and sections of your site. Now, what if I say, you can enhance the look of those images with hover effects?
If you are interested in such image enhancing activities, then we have got the perfect solution explained in this blog.
jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugins are here for your rescue.
jQuery Image Hover Effect plugins empower you to add stunning animation effects. Consequently, you can set events on which they will trigger such as mouseover & mouseout. In addition to this, you can also add buttons to preview the next or previous images.
Furthermore, you can easily customize these effects, their timing, speed and dimensions of image containers.
On top of that, they are very lightweight which automatically enhances the loading speed.
With these jQuery plugins, you don’t have to hassle a lot. You can simply download and embed the few lines of code on your website.
For this reason, we have amalgamated a list of Best jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugins in which you will get all the major attributes, pricing plans & various other details.
Further, you may also like to read some of these blogs from our crannies. So, do peep in!
- Use jQuery Search Filter Plugins & offer filtering and sorting interface to your website visitors.
- Integrate with jQuery Panorama Plugins to present the images of your website in a wide 360-degree angle with a panorama view.
- To get quick reviews and ratings from your customers in stars or any other icons, use jQuery Rating Plugins.
So, now without frittering away any more time. Let’s dive into today’s topic i.e. Best jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugins
1. Picanim – jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugin
Picanim is one of the most efficient jQuery plugins which provides its users with commendable features for creating a hover effect of their choice.
This plugin also grants many effects on mouseover and a reverse effect on mouseout events.
It is compatible with major browsers like IE(even ie6), Firefox, Opera, Safari & Google Chrome. Apart from this, it is very lightweight & is minimized to a 3kb gzipped file.
- This plugin provides you with more than 27 unique hover effects.
- It consists of various beautiful hover effects for images like grayscale, fallen, transparent, blur and many more.
- You can effortlessly configure the effect with the diverse options provided.
- Along with this, it also supports ‘img’ tag where you can define the height & width of the image as well.
- Moreover, this plugin also allows you to add a tooltip to the image.
You can seal the deal for this plugin with all its features and future updates:
- Regular license – $9.
- Extended license – $45.
2. jQuery Hover Cards – jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugin
This is a jQuery image hover plugin which provides its users with exemplary features for adding effects to their images as well as thumbnails. Amongst these effects, some are limited to x-axis while others are limited to the y-axis.
These plugins are super easy to initiate by inserting a few lines of code. It is a user-friendly & lightweight plugin which is gzipped to the size of 3kb.
- This plugin provides you with 2 animation effects to choose from.
- It facilitates multiple callback options as well.
- You can easily customize the effects as you want to.
- In addition to this, you can choose from a range of different effects depending on the direction of an image you want to hover.
You can acquire this plugin and its features as well at two various prices according to the license you opt for :
- For purchasing a regular license, you have to pay $6.
- While the extended license will cost you $30.
3. Zalki – jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugin
Zalki Hover Image is a renowned plugin which helps you to add animation effects on your images. It provides you with exemplary features like adding transition effects, defining the shape, size of image & much more. Also, it supports thirty animation effects from jQuery Easing.
This plugin is very lightweight which is minimized to the size of a 7kb script. Also, it is easy to use and install. Additionally, they also provide you a documentation with this plugin which prevents you from wandering around in search of answers.
- It enables you to adjust the speed of the animation.
- You can modify the appearance of the pop-up elements.
- This plugin empowers you to embed your own icons.
- Although the plugin automatically defines the dimensions of the image container, you can disable this function as well.
- Along with this, you can also change the color, shape & size of the image as per your convenience.
This plugin is available at two different rates.
- For availing the standard license, you have to pay $8.
- To get the extended license, you have to pay $40.
Along with the product, you also get the benefits of getting all the future updates and support which can be extended for another year by paying the amount of $2.25 & $11.25 respectively.
4. HoverEx – jQuery Image Hover Effect Plugin
HoverEx is veritably one of the finest jQuery images hover effect plugin. This plugin provides various excellent features for adding the animation effects on your images like fade in, fade out, bounce, etc.
You can use this plugin even if you’re not so good at jQuery. All you need is to have a good knowledge about HTML markup.
Apart from this, it is very lightweight, responsive to all screens and browsers as well.
- This plugin provides you a range of 36 animations and over 18 built-in templates to choose from.
- You can effortlessly customize the effects by using HTML.
- It has built-in 8 animate queues & provides inline zoom support. Thereby, you can set the range & zoom change step.
- Apart from this, you can easily add previous/next buttons to the image sliding feature.
- Along with this plugin, you also get a nicely-written documentation & demos.
To purchase this plugin along with its future updates and splendid features, there are two distinct prices :
- For availing the regular license, you have to pay $9.
- Whereas for acquiring the extended license, the cost is $45.
Consequently, we have stated several jQuery Image hover effect plugins above.
Further, we have also discussed what these plugins could do like add transition effects, their height, width & many other features too.
While the basic functionality of these jQuery plugins is applying the hover effect to the images. They also provide a well-written documentation which you can refer in case of doubts or implementation.
We have provided you all the necessary details about these plugins. And we hope that by now you must have found an ideal plugin which best suits your site.
For any more queries and suggestions, just drop a comment or feel free to contact us!