7+ WordPress Firewall Plugins 2018 (Free and Paid)
“Try WordPress firewall plugins & make your site safer & stronger than before!“
Obvious! You will make a good website but what will you do for its security?
This is a big question in front of you. And to give the answer, we’ve got collections of firewall WordPress plugins here, with the help of which you will be able to create a fully secured website.
These plugins will protect your information from unwanted activities like – hacking, denial of service attack, traffic load etc. All these WordPress security plugins will act as a defense armor for your site from all malware incoming threats.
Along with this, they all help to send genuine traffic to your web server, speed up your website and boost the performance.
We recommend these security plugins because they are good enough to identify genuine website traffic vs bad requests.
Having said that, let’s take a look at the best WordPress firewall plugins on this blog, that you can use them to provide extreme security to your website.
But before going ahead you may also have some of our other blogs:
1. Wordfence: Best in Paid WordPress Firewall Plugins
Wordfence is a WordPress firewall plugin which provides the best protection for your site against multiple threats. One of the basic functionality of this plugin is that it blocks entire malicious networks & also human/robot suspicious activities that could harm your site.
You can purchase its license keys (APIs) in a large quantity to save money now & use whenever you need them.
|Years ⇣ | Keys ⇢||1||2||3||4||5||10||25|
- This plugin automatically blocks the attackers before they can get to your site & access any private information.
- It alarms the user about the attacks on the WordPress site in real time.
- Apart from it, this plugin also prevents Brute force attacks by blocking multiple failures of logins & forgot password.
2. Security Antivirus Firewall: WordPress Plugin
Security Antivirus Firewall or S.A.F. is a WordPress security plugin for the protection of websites. It searches for malware & viruses on your site. If any of them is found then it removes it from the site.
- With its beginner’s plan, you’ve to pay $19.99 to avail security for 1 domain along with 6 months updates.
- Unlike the last plan, the expert plan charges $49.99 to use it for 3 domains & with 1-year updates.
- Finally, its professional plan has a charge of $99.99 for 5 domains with no limited options.
- Through its Google reCaptcha integration, one can easily protect his WordPress site from spammers & bots.
- Its antivirus section shields the site from infections & heals the infected modules whenever detected.
- Also, it detects any kind of vulnerabilities in themes & plugins installed on your site which may cause threats in future.
3. WebDefender: WordPress Security & Firewall Plugin
WebDefender is a firewall WordPress plugin which can provide the ultimate security to your website. Its scanner is way too efficient for scanning any kind of adware, phishing code & exploits on any WordPress site.
- For small sized business, $6.9/month is the charge which will include the protection against threats, malware & many more harmful elements.
- $12 (monthly) is the charge for securing & protecting websites hosted on a VPS server.
- At last, this WordPress firewall plugin also has a plan of $16.9/m. In case if your website crashes, then its team will especially resolve the problem on your site within a couple of hours.
- Through database scanning, this plugin searches for any kind of vulnerabilities which might attack the data of your site.
- If any bot leaves a comment, then both the bot & the comment will be blocked.
- Its blacklist monitor will alert you if your site is listed in any kind of ostracized list.
4. Swift Security Bundle: Firewall Plugin for WordPress
Swift Security Bundle is firewall plugin for WordPress which even a non-technical guy can also use without any issues. With a single click, you can make your website more secure than ever.
- Its standard plan charges $36 for a single product access which can further be distributed freely.
- Apart from it, this firewall WordPress plugin has another plan of $180 which can be sold for more users.
- You can hide your WordPress site & the attackers won’t be able to guess if you are really using WordPress. it can be done by changing the default name of files & directories without modifying the actual structure.
- For any kind of new attacks & updates, you’ll receive the notifications like emails & push.
- Also, it is compatible with any kind of WordPress theme to work with. So you don’t even have to change the theme.
5. Zxeion: WordPress Firewall & Security Plugin
Zxeion is a powerful WordPress firewall security plugin for hardening the safety of any website. It contains the collection of tools & fixes for more security protection. All of it can be done by determining threats & removing them without any delay.
- It has a regular plan of $20 for a single product with no charges on end-users.
- This WordPress plugin has another plan of $108 in which end users can be charged.
- It blocks the IP addresses from where the attackers might attack your site.
- Some threats might attack the hidden files stored on your site. So, this plugin also protects those files from the threats.
- You will receive automatic updates whenever a new version has come.
6. WP Ultimate Firewall: Security WordPress Plugin
WP Ultimate Firewall is another security plugin for protecting the firewall of a WordPress site. Apart from it, this plugin also has a feature of speeding up the website through multiple optimizations options.
- $29 is the standard charge for accessing this WordPress plugin for single client access.
- It has an extended license of $120 which includes a buyer fee as well as the item price.
- It provides more security to WordPress sites by using Google reCaptcha.
- Due to its improved website security algorithm, it is very hard for hackers to attack your site.
- With SQL Injection Protection, anyone can provide protection to his WordPress site against fake search engine bots.
7. All In One WP Security & Firewall: WordPress Plugin
This WordPress firewall plugin is easy to use & customize according to the priorities of any site. It helps in reducing security risk by checking vulnerabilities & by implementing the recent recommended WordPress security techniques/practices.
- This firewall WordPress plugin is free of cost.
- It checks files & folders which aren’t secure. After doing it, permissions are set for only genuine visitors of that site.
- One can also import as well as export the security settings of the website to make it more strong against threats.
- It works smoothly with plugins which are already installed on that WordPress site.
8. BulletProof Security: Firewall Plugin for WordPress
BulletProof Security is a WordPress plugin which detects any kind of threats & malware. After detecting them, it removes them from the WordPress site without disturbing the structure & data of the site.
- This WordPress firewall plugin is free for lifetime.
- Whenever the database of the site is attacked by any threat, this plugin backup it either partially or fully.
- By adding its security custom codes, you can make your site strong against all the malware & hackers.
- You can monitor all the login attempts apart from you. This will help you to think whether your site is really secure or not.
So above are some of the best WordPress firewall plugins which you must use on your website. They can protect your website from harmful threats, malware, bots, etc.
Some of them are free while others are paid. Apart from it, they are way too easy to use such that even a non-techie person can use it.
That’s we’d like you to use these firewall WordPress plugins & finalize the best one.
For any suggestions & queries, please comment below & we’ll get back to you soon!