4 Article Directory WordPress Plugins 2019 (Free and Paid)
The article directory is an effective way of online content marketing. It allows you to categorize your articles in the desired sequence. Moreover, your visitors can also publish their articles on your website from the front-end itself.
A large number of authors publish their articles in the popular article directory. Hence, it might be a great deal for you to create an article directory. Consequently, it will make your website more popular and then the traffic will get increased.
If you also want to have your own article library where you can arrange the articles in the categories and sub-categories. Then, you can go for article directory WordPress plugins.
So, that you don’t have to put extra efforts in coding. These plugins will make it easy for you.
To assist you, I’ve hand-picked some paid as well as free article directory WordPress plugins. So, you do need to hang around in searching for the best plugins.
You may also like-
Here is a list, make sure to click on the button below to explore more about the plugins.
1. roo! Framework
Roo! Framework is a compact and easy WordPress plugin for creating link directories, article directories, business directories, classified ad listing and so much more. It allows the users to add their items to the directory based on multiple precedents.
It blends 3 different plugins that are Jobbin, Roo Classifieds, and Roo Link Directory then comes in one complete framework which has the functionalities of these plugins in a single place.
On downloading it from the codecanyon.net, you’ll have to pay $19 only.
- Items can be added from the back-end by the admin as well as from the front-end by the users.
- When an item is pending to publish then, it will show the bubble notification reminding them to publish.
- You can add unlimited categories and sub-categories in the desired order.
- It comes up with easy and simple shortcodes to embed it easily on your website.
2. Article Directory WordPress Plugin
This Article directory WordPress plugin displays the catalog of the articles on the main page. This plugin removes the hefty tasks of changing the source code every time in order to arrange the articles in a sequence.
With the help of this plugin, you can create different categories of your posts and also you can build multiple sub-categories of your main category.
This plugin is free to download.
- Possibility to show the articles in parent and child categories.
- It allows you to show the category description in the link title.
- The plugin provides you the specific pages for each and every category.
- You can showcase your categories in a specified number of columns.
- Facility to add the icons to each category using CSS.
3. Frontend Publishing – Article Directory WordPress Plugin
Frontend Publishing allows your guests to publish their posts and articles without giving them permission for accessing the sensitive member area. It automatically shows error when the posts that don’t meet submission guidelines of your website.
If you want an amazing article directory where guest user publishes their articles from the front-end itself then, it is the perfect WordPress plugin for an article directory.
Free to download
This article directory WordPress plugin is an open source software. It can be downloaded from the WordPress.org.
- You can define the user roles of all the members and allow certain user roles to publish their content.
- It provides you the shortcode to create the front-end submission form.
- Shortcode is available to create a list of user’s post.
- You can specify whether you want to nofollow the links in the article body.
4. List Category Posts
It is a free article directory WordPress plugin that allows you to list the posts in a category easily using the shortcode. Whenever you want to add the post to the category then, you can just simply add the shortcode [catlist] and you are done.
This shortcode accepts the name of the list, ID, order of displaying the posts and the number of the posts.
It will cost you nothing, you don’t have to pay any single penny for this. You can download this plugin from the official WordPress website.
- It provides the complete documentation about how to customize and display the posts.
- You can add your custom CSS for further modification. There are several elements in the plugin that can be modified as per your choice.
- This plugin includes a widget for simple functionalities. You can include as many widgets as you want.
- Video tutorials are also available on how to use the plugin.
So, that’s our take on article directory WordPress plugins. If you want to create an article directory on your website then look no further, pick out one from these above mentioned plugins they will make the creation process as easy as ever.
Well, we’ve mentioned both paid as well as free article directory WordPress plugin. So, after exploring, you can download the plugin which suits you the most.