Wondering about tracking the IP addresses of the respondent in Google Forms?
Primarily, Google Forms is a free tool, best suitable for creating simple forms with basic properties.
But, if you are looking for a way to track advance information like IP address, geolocation, browser details, country, etc.
Then, it will disappoint you as there is no such feature available in Google Forms.
Is There Any Alternative To Google Forms That Will Help Us Out?
A huge yes! If you really want to trace the IP address of your form respondents, then you can try some other alternatives like Pabbly Form Builder that comes with the default feature of IP tracking.
Further, it not only provides the IP address of form respondents but also tracks the details like their country, the browser, OS, & much more. And the most amazing thing about it is that, you don’t need to do any external setting for tracking.
Some Of Its Features Which Make It Stand Alone In The Crowd Are:
- It comes with the integration of Google Analytics. Using which you can monitor the performance of your form in a blink of an eye.
- On contrary to Google Forms, you can also use the built-in form “Analytics & Reporting Feature” of Pabbly Form Builder that will provide the complete stats about your form in the software itself.
- The software comes up with the “Point Of Contact” feature which helps to discover from which specific page/source the user has referred to your forms.
- Pabbly Form Builder is the only software that doesn’t restrict you on features & utilities as it offers unlimited submissions, storage, uploads, and much more.
- Last but not least, the tool with these many features comes at a very affordable price.
A Step By Step Guide For Tracing The IP Address Of Respondents In Pabbly Form Builder:
At this point, let us discuss the few simple steps for tracking the details like IP address, country, OS, browser, etc, of form respondents.
Step 1: Create A Form
The very first thing you need to do is, open the dashboard & click on the “Create New Form” option or you can also use its beautiful pre-built templates.
Step 2: Add Form Fields
Afterward, you need to add the desired elements in your form. For this, go to the “Blocks” section & add the desired fields. You can also customize the whole form by changing the theme, header, layout and much more.
Step 3: Share The Form
Once done with the process of form creation, the next thing you have to do is share the form for collecting & tracking the details of form respondents such as IP address, country, etc. Simply click on the “Share” tab which will offer options like copy the link, embed the link, etc. Choose according to your needs.
Step 4: Check The Submissions
Now, at this point, go to the “Submission” tab & check how many submissions you have received on your survey.
Step 5: Open The Submission
Next, open the response receipt of any user which will open the pop-up window with all the required details like IP address, country, browser, OS, etc., in it.
That’s all!!! There you have it.
This is all about the process of IP address tracking in Pabbly Form Builder.
Tracing the details like IP address, geolocation, browsers, etc, of form respondents, can help you in eliminating the abusive responses that can ruin your important surveys.
But, as you know Google Forms does not allow you to track the IP addresses of the respondent.
Hence, to help you out, here in this post, I have recommended you to give Pabbly Form Builder a try.
Check it out right now & safeguard your survey results instantly.