5+ jQuery Virtual Keyboard Plugins 2019 (Free & Paid)
If you are planning to attach virtual keyboard on text boxes, search blocks, password fields and on other elements of your site. Then, you have landed in the right place as this blog is all about jQuery Virtual Keyboard Plugins.
Here, you will find plugins to add virtual keyboards that are multilingual, browser & device compatible, support different types of layouts like QWERTY, AZERTY, QWERTZ, HCESAR and others keyboards that are accepted internationally.
Moreover, you get enhanced functionalities like talking back, single click pop out, one click language change and other advanced facilities as well.
On-screen keyboards are very helpful when implemented properly in the right locations on a website.
Before getting started with plugin details have a look at the blogs listed below:-
1. Vkeyboard jQuery Plugin
Vkeyboard is a responsive jQuery plugin which will allow you add a virtual keyboard on your website elements with ease. This plugin is browser compatible, user-friendly, looks great on desktops & PCs, and provides a demo for easy testing of this plugin.
You also get multiple color variants along language and other customizations with this plugin. It supports special characters as well.
- The regular license of this plugin will cost you $9 using which you can create virtual Keyboard with various features and facilities.
- $45 will be charged for the extended license of this jQuery plugin features and services of this plugin.
- This is a responsive plugin which provides a well-documented demo through which you can test the virtual keyboard.
- Multi-browsers compatible and supports IE8, IE9, IE10, IE11, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Chrome, etc.
- With this jQuery plugin, you get 4 different color options with which you can create custom designed keyboards.
- It also provides various special characters which can easily be added.
2. Talking Keyboard – jQuery Plugin
Talking Keyboard is an amazing jQuery plugin which comes pre-equipped with talking facility. With this plugin, the user can listen back to what is typed on the virtual keyboard.
It is a responsive plugin which responds back instantly to every key hit on the virtual or physical keyboard by the user. Other than that the types character is been displayed on the screen as well.
- Talking Keyboard is a fully responsive jQuery plugin which can be downloaded for free from github.com. It comes loaded with some extraordinary features and facilities.
- With this plugin, you can type or click the character to hear it on a website.
- It is easy to install on live websites and offers cross-browser support.
- This plugin is fully based upon Skeleton CSS, jQuery, and ResponsiveVoice.
- You get talking keyboard which supports alphabets as well as numeric characters.
3. jQuery On-screen Keyboard Plugin
jQuery on-screen keyboard is a reactive plugin which works well on all types of browsers. It is easy to install the plugin for which you need to include jQuery, jQuery UI theme, and optionally define the position of the keyboard in the website element input, textarea etc.
In addition, the demo provides has all types of virtual keyboard defined with example and you can test them all there with ease.
- On-screen Keyboard is a jQuery plugin which is available for free and can be downloaded from github.com without any hassle.
- With the help of this plugin, you can attach a virtual keyboard to inputs, textareas or content editable elements on your website.
- Users are allowed to type and preview their input character before accepting or canceling them.
- This plugin provides a well-explained demo using which you can test and verify different types of keyboards with varied inputs.
- Allows you to add up to four standard key sets to each layout that use the shift and alt keys.
4. jkeyboard – Responsive jQuery Plugin
If you want a simple and responsive on-screen keyboard on your website without much hassle then jkeyboard jQuery plugin will be the right option for you. This is free of cost plugin using which you can have virtual keyboards with different layouts on your website.
With this plugin, you get full fledge demo, usage code details, multi-browser compatibility and layout for Russian are also available as well.
- jkeyboard is another totally free jQuery plugin. Even being a free plugin it offers various features and enhanced facilities which can be applied on a website for a virtual keyboard.
- With this plugin, you get a virtual keyboard that allows you to use alphabets, numeric and special characters as well.
- You get a demo with the help of which you can test the virtual keyboard live without installing it on your website.
- The layout of this keyboard is responsive and looks great on different devices.
5. jQuery ML Keyboard Plugin
ML Keyboard is a multilingual jQuery plugin which helps you add virtual keyboard on your website. It allows you to change input layouts of the keyboard with ease. Plus you can also change the input field special data attribute as well.
This plugin currently supports layouts for English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese and Russian.
- ML Keyboard is a jQuery virtual keyboard that changes input layouts and charges $0 as it is an entirely free plugin.
- Easy to implement as you just have to download the plugin, add it to your website, activate the plugin in input fields where you want the keyboard and it is done.
- This plugin provides multilingual support for languages like English, Spanish, Italian, Portuguese, Russian.
- You get various advanced options like the layout, active_shift, active_caps, and more which will allow easy customizations.
- It also provides a documentation which has all the features well explained and examples along with the code details.
6. jqKeyboard – jQuery Virtual Keyboard Plugin
Using jqKeyboard you can have a jQuery-based virtual keyboard just by adding jQuery and jQuery UI imports to the HTML code of your site. You can easily run the virtual keyboard on your website just by calling a simple function.
It allows you to add a language layout of your own if the one you want doesn’t exist in the list.
- Another free jQuery plugin which can be used to add a virtual keyboard to the website elements with ease.
- This is a jQuery-based virtual keyboard which can easily be implemented on websites just by making a slight change in the HTML code.
- It provides API which has got multiple options which can easily be passed to a function as an object.
- With this plugin, you are allowed to create custom layouts for languages which are not available on this plugin’s virtual keyboard.
This was all on the best jQuery Virtual Keyboard Plugins. I hope we have will find one of the best plugins which will fulfill all the needs and requirements of your website and will help you add attractive virtual keyboard on it.
For your ease, we have elaborated the features, pricing along with details information of the plugins in this blog.
Still, if you have got any types of doubts or queries in mind, you can freely ask us in the comments section below. We will get back to you as soon as possible.