6+ Multilingual WordPress Plugins 2018
Multilingual WordPress plugins are a great help for those who want to run a website which offers language conversion facility.
Though English is a universally accepted language. But in order to entertain native audience towards your business, it is necessary to have multi-language support available on your websites.
In this blog, we have elaborated some of the best multilingual WordPress plugins which support a large number of languages, WooCommerce compatible sites, offers manual as well as automated translation and more.
Before going into plugin details have a look at the blogs listed below:-
1. TranslatePress – Multilingual WordPress Plugin
TranslationPress is a multilanguage WordPress plugin which enables you to translates the text content available on your site directly from the front-end.
This plugin supports more than 200 languages, plus it also allows integration with Google translates. Other than that it is SEO friendly which means slug, page title, description, image alt tag and graph tags are also translated.
This plugin offers three different plans which are defined below:-
- Easy to use translation interface that helps you converts languages straight from the front-end.
- This plugin also translates dynamic strings and content (gettext) which is generated by WordPress, plugins or even themes.
- TranslationPress also supports WooCommerce, custom post types, themes and site-builders as well.
- Language switcher helps you add floater menu, shortcode, and individual menu items to any WordPress menu.
2. WPML – Multilingual WordPress Plugin
WPML stands for WordPress multilingual which is an advanced plugin. It is specially developed for people who want to translate text content of pages, blog posts, menus, custom types, and other fields on the theme.
In addition, you can manage file attachments in different languages and translate text coming from theme and plugins from the admin panel.
- WPML is a WordPress plugin which offers translation support for over 40 languages.
- With the help of language editor, you can include additional languages of your choice in this plugin.
- Using this plugin you can run a multilingual WooCommerce store which translates product details, promotional text, etc.
- WPML comes with a powerful translation management system which converts the content using the translation dashboard.
3. Polylang Pro – Multilingual WordPress Plugin
Polylang Pro is a WordPress plugin which provides multi-language and translation support to your website. It holds over 300,000 active installations on different websites all around the globe.
This plugin automatically downloads and updates required WordPress language packs and it also supports RTL scripts as well.
- Allows you to interpret pages, media files, categories, posts, menus, RSS feeds and more.
- It also provides customizable language switcher in the navigation menu or as a widget on the site.
- Additional integration like ACF Pro, Events Calendar and more are available with this plugin.
- This plugin is also compatible with WPML API.
4. BestWebSoft – Multilingual WordPress Plugin
With this multilingual plugin, you can simply change the language of your website content manually. It allows you to create pages, blog posts, widgets and menus with multilingual support.
This is one of the best ways through which your website visitors can read the content in their native language.
- The Pro annual plan of this plugin will cost you $32 which includes 1-year upgrades and support.
- $320 is the price of Pro lifetime plan with which you get lifelong upgrades and support of plugin.
- Automatically tracks user’s IP address and converts the language of the website.
- Custom translation for post types, taxonomies and fields are available.
- You can also translate categories, tag description, titles, tagline and more.
- Separate menus for various languages can also be created through this plugin.
5. WPGlobus – Multilingual WordPress Plugin
WPGlobus has got 20,000 plus active installations on WordPress themes and templates. With this plugin, you can manually translate text on blogs, pages, and other website content into different languages.
- WPGlobus is a free WordPress plugin which can simply be downloaded from wordpress.org site and can be installed on any template with a few clicks.
- SEO features & fields offered by Yoast SEO and All in One SEO plugins are also converted with ease.
- You can add several languages to your site for translation with various combinations of country flags, names, etc.
- Gives you the ability to switch languages from the front-end itself.
- This plugin supports latest PHP and WordPress versions.
6. MultilingualPress WordPress Plugin
With MultilingualPress WordPress plugin you can create a website which has separate versions for different languages and connects them all in a single user interface.
Using this plugin you can attach translation link to any menu and translate posts, pages, categories or tags with ease.
- MultilingualPress is another highly rated and totally free WordPress plugin which offers translation facilities for WordPress themes.
- 174 languages are offered by the language manager of this plugin which you can edit.
- With this plugin, an unlimited number of websites in different languages can be connected with each other.
- Auto-redirects the user’s to preferred languages pages of the posts and blogs.
- This plugin is extremely SEO friendly which helps you translate SEO affecting factors.
7. WooCommerce Multilingual WordPress Plugin
With the help of this plugin, you can design a multilingual e-commerce store and translate product details available on your site without any hassle.
WooCommerce multilingual WordPress plugin is a popular plugin which holds around 80,000 plus active installations on the web. That is not all this plugin compatible with multiple WooCommerce extensions as well.
- WooCommerce multilingual WordPress plugin is available free of cost and can be installed on any E-commerce website.
- Helps you translate checkout pages, product details, categories and more into different languages.
- Another specialty of this plugin is that you can also have multiple currencies available on your WooCommerce store.
- Easy to use setup wizard is provided by this plugin which helps you translate site content.
- Allows you to send professional emails to the clients drafted in their native language.
This was all on multilingual WordPress plugins and I am pretty sure about the fact that you must have found the best plugin to translate the content of your website.
If you have any queries or doubts in mind do let us know through your comments below.