4+ Free jQuery Browser Detection Plugins 2018
Why do we need jQuery Browser Detection Plugins?
Browser detection is a simple jQuery plugin which helps your website detect the browser through which it is being accessed. It detects the browsers based on user agents and permits you to perform special tasks & display messages when a specific web browser is been detected.
In this blog, we have elaborated some of the top class jQuery Browser Detection plugins which are loaded with plenty of features like instant browser detection, operating system detection, multi-language compatibility, easy customization, fully responsive along with many other add-ons.
Browser detection plugins are a great help if you want to restrict website access on a specific browser or when some special conditions are been meet. We have listed the plugins which will give you the functionality to detect a browser using jQuery in an easy way.
But before getting on with the details on the plugins have a look at the blogs listed below:-
1. jQuery Browser Detection Plugin By Danieledesantis
One of the best jQuery Browser detection plugin which is simple to apply on websites, extremely lightweight, allows you to use different CSS rules for different browsers.
- This jQuery Browser Detection plugin is totally free of cost which you can simply avail from github.com website and enjoy all its features and services.
- With this jQuery plugin, you get browser compatibility tables for HTML5, CSS3, SVG, and more.
- It provides browser detection as well as specific feature detection facility which conditionally checks whether a specific feature is available in a browser or not.
- This browser detection plugin is responsive, lightweight and detects browsers on the basis of the user agent.
- You can easily integrate this plugin on a live website by making slightest changes in the website code.
2. jQuery Nudge – Browser Detection Plugin
jQuery Nudge is another lightweight browser detection plugin which allows you to detect outdated browsers and suggest new as well as latest supported browsers with ease. You can customize warnings and apply custom instructions as well using this plugin.
It also allows you to build BrowserDetect library and helps you add custom messages when a specific browser is detected by your website.
- jQuery Nudge is another browser detection plugin which is available at free of cost. You can simply download it and take benefits of all its advanced features.
- It allows you to create your own BrowserDetect library into plugin file for easy customizations.
- This plugin is super easy to install as you just have to copy plugin in BrowserDetect library and the CSS file to your project.
- If the browser is not compatible with the website a message is automatically been displayed notifying the about compatibility issue.
- Allows you to add your custom message in the case of error occurrence.
3. PgwBrowser – jQuery Browser Detection Plugin
PgwBrowser is a jQuery plugin using which you can the detect platform and browser of the visitors. It offers browser detection compatibility with Chrome Mobile, Chrome for iOS, Chromium, Android Browser, Firefox and more. Plus it can easily detect OS and platforms as well.
This plugin fetches the following details like userAgent, browser, name, group, etc which is a great help.
- Another free of cost jQuery plugin which can easily be downloaded from github.com.
- This is an extremely lightweight jQuery plugin which is less than 2 KB (minified and gzipped).
- Helps you detect browsers as well as operating systems for the compatibility issue.
- This plugin comes pre-configured with a list of browser, operating system, and viewport details.
- Supports various platforms like Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, Apple iOS, etc.
4. jQuery Plugin For Browser Detection
This is a basic jQuery plugin for browser detection which suggests upgraded browsers if your website is been accessed from an older version of a browser. Other than it is responsive, lightweight, offers compatibility and much more.
This is an entirely free plugin which gives you plenty of browser detection services and advanced facilities which simplifies your work.
- Github.com is the website from where you can easily download this plugin without paying a single penny. This jQuery plugin helps you detect multiple browsers and devices with ease.
- This plugin is capable of detecting Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, iPhone, iPod, Android, Kindle, and other useragents.
- It is an easy to install jQuery plugin with which you just have to include script after the jQuery library.
- With this plugin support for new useragent on IE 11, Microsoft Edge, WebKit based Opera browsers are also available.
- You can also read the browser versions and examine arbitrary useragents using this plugin.
5. jQuery BrowserClass Plugin
jQuery BrowserClass Plugin is also a free resource which is extremely beneficial when it comes to detecting browsers. You just have to add this plugin to HTML body element and it automatically detects the browser as well as the platform of the website visitor.
This doesn’t cause any effect on the loading speed of the website as it is super lightweight and helps your site load faster.
- jQuery BrowserClass is an entirely free plugin which will cost you $0 for all the features and facilities it provides. You can easily access it from github.com website.
- This is an easy to implement jQuery plugin for which you have to include this in your HTML file and rest will automatically be done.
- Easy to customize and offer plenty of setting options which helps you detect different types of browsers.
- This is a responsive plugin which lightweight as well as easy to use.
We have now arrived at the closure of this blog on jQuery Browser Detection plugins and I am definite about the fact that you must have found the relevant plugin for browser detection for your website.
In case you have got any types of doubts or queries in your mind related to these plugins listed in this blog, please let us know through your comments. We will be happy to hear from your side.