4+ Free jQuery Spreadsheet Plugins 2019
The task of creating an excel table on your web page can be difficult if you are relying on JS array, JSON or CSV files. But by using jQuery spreadsheet plugins it can be as easy as pie.
Using these wonderful plugins, you can easily embed a spreadsheet compatible with Excel on your website or application. You can even use copy and paste shortcuts for moving data to and from the offline excel sheet to your web page’s spreadsheet.
These jQuery spreadsheet plugins help you in managing the sheet creation, viewing, editing process with the help of HTML tables and components of HTML5 on the website.
All these plugins provide full support for all the operations of a spreadsheet including the formulas, formatting, borders, sorting, merging, and much more.
Like a simple excel sheet, these plugins will allow you:
- To analysis and store data in tabular form.
- Adjust any stored value and observe the effects on calculated values
- Facilitate the data manipulation in web-based applications.
In fact, all these plugins are lightweight and will help you in performing all basic arithmetic and mathematical functions on the spreadsheet or table.
In addition, jQuery spreadsheet plugins also provide built-in functions for common financial and statistical operations.
Now, let’s dive deep into this blog, for understanding the functionalities of these 5+ jQuery spreadsheet plugins along with their prices.
But before that, you may have a look at these blogs as well:
By using these plugins you can create highly customizable dialog boxes for desktops, mobiles, and HTML5 web applications.
These jQuery Table Sorting Plugins helps you in changing any standard HTML table into a sortable one without refreshing the page.
1. jExcel – Best Free In jQuery Spreadsheet Plugins
jExcel is one of the best plugins in the family of jQuery spreadsheet plugins. It is lightweight and has plenty of nice features such as – CSV loading/exporting, dropdown, and creating multiple spreadsheets.
This plugin comes with full documentation. Moreover, it provides sorting by column, integrating a third party plugin, currency & masking numbers, and a lot more.
You can have this wonderful plugin along with its functionalities free of cost, as it is freely available.
- You can load data for a jExcel table whether from a JS array, JSON or a CSV file.
- Also, you can copy and paste the data to or from the Excel directly from your jExcel table or vice-versa.
- Even you can merge cells, add multiple tabs, and drag columns using this plugin.
- You can easily customize the sheet by using other jquery plugin integrations.
2. table2excel – Free In jQuery spreadsheet plugins
This plugin comes under the MIT license. Further, it provides a documentation, with the help of which you will better understand the functionalities of this amazing plugin.
It is compatible with Chrome browser. table2excel uses the .xls extension, the only way by which excel will open it.
This plugin is available free of cost and you can download this plugin from the official website of GitHub.
- This plugin contains all the automated tasks using Grunt.
- With the help of Travis, you can see the definitions for continuous integration.
- It comes with the list of rules used by JSHint for detecting errors and other problems.
- Using this plugin you can unify the coding style for many editors and IDEs.
3. ip.grid – Free In jQuery spreadsheet plugins
ip.grid is a well-developed real jQuery spreadsheet plugin. It is featured with the similar functionalities like the Google sheets.
This plugin comes with examples and a complete documentation, which will help you in understanding it a bit better. Since it has all the features like Google sheet so, you can easily display the formatting modal, or sorting the range of columns and much more.
You can have this plugin for free from the official website of GitHub that is GitHub.com.
- It has many options like – you can move columns, rows, you can add rows, columns, and do cell formatting.
- You can also add the borders whether on the whole sheet or on a specific cell.
- With the help of this plugin, you can both set the value or formulas of a cell.
- Most importantly you can change the size of the sheet matrix.
4. Parse Table Plugin – Free In jQuery spreadsheet plugins
Parse Table Plugin are very simple and handy jQuery plugins. It helps you in capturing and parsing the copy-pasted data from the spreadsheet. You can fetch the data from the text editors.
It needs jQuery, jQuery UI to provide you full functionality. At the moment your spreadsheet will be styled using the tabular form from the Bootstrap.
This plugin is available at $0 amount to everyone and can be downloaded for free from the official website of Github.
- You can merge, insert the comment, and format cells using this plugin.
- Moreover, just in one click, you can clear all the formatting.
- With the help of this plugin, you can simply copy cell or cells from your spreadsheet or table.
5. Handsontable-excel – Free In jQuery spreadsheet plugins
Handsontable-excel is an open source plugin with different functionalities. It has CSS customization available with the help of which you can change the color, font style and more on your sheet.
This plugin comes with the demo of codes provided by JSFiddle.
From GitHub.com this plugin can be downloaded for free.
- You have to put = before every cell then only the values will be evaluated.
- Also, you can implement different formulas in your sheet.
Using jQuery spreadsheet plugins convert or embed data with the help of the spreadsheet compatibility with Excel on your website or application.
So what are you waiting for? Just have the one and display the data in spreadsheet form using these jQuery spreadsheet plugins.
Guys, don’t forget to mention your words in the comment section!